Thank you for your interest in performing at the Vernon Jazz Club.
We are now booking for the 2020/21 season and beyond. Available dates for Fall 2020 are: Sept 12, 26, Oct 10,24, Nov 7,21 Dec 5, 19. Dec 31 (new years gig). Available dates for spring 2021 are: Jan 9, 23, Feb 6, 20, Mar 6, 20, Apr 3, 17, May 1, 15, (29).
PLEASE READ THESE DETAILS BEFORE FILLING IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW!
The Vernon Jazz Society hosts 20 or so bi-weekly gigs each year from September through May at the Vernon Jazz Club.
The Sept 2019 to May 2020 season is now fully booked. All applications will be kept on file.
If you wish to apply for September 2020 to May 2021, please be in touch with Hadrian Merler, our Director of Bookings, via the following application form.
Please note that as part of your application, you are required to send a current, up-to-date press kit including: two high-resolution photos for use in publicity and a comprehensive written description of the music you intend to play at our club. Without these, we cannot publicize your performance effectively.
Also, you will be asked to send recordings of your current music as a representation of the music you would like to perform at our club.
We are able to provide a Yamaha C108 piano, Peace BeBop drum kit (no cymbals), house PA system, stage monitors, music stands, 8 gelled floodlights and a qualified sound technician – at no cost to the bands.
As well, we provide the following publicity for all the bands we book:
- Listed on website from beginning of each new season (http://vernonjazz.com)
- Featured as an Event on our Facebook page
- Listed in Line-up ad in Vernon’s The Morning Star (local newspaper) at start of each new season
- Listed in the LiveWire section of the Morning Star the Friday before the gig
- Featured on VJS homepage two weeks before the gig
- 500+ word promo article (with photo) – at the discretion of the Morning Star.
- Email sent out to Vernon Jazz Club members a week before gig
- Listed on season line-ups which are available at the door, in posters and on the club tables.
- Mentioned on CBC’s Hot Air at 5:55 on evening of gig – at the discretion of CBC Radio.
Interested in performing at the Vernon Jazz Club?
Before you request a booking…click here for a map…We are located in Vernon, BC, Canada.
Thank you for your interest and applications. We look forward to hearing you play at the Vernon Jazz Club.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 season and beyond.